Monday, September 8, 2008

1st round of Block






Yeah!!! The first round of block is finally here. I have never seen split faced block before and I was so excited to see it. Of course mom got over here first and called me to tell me that it looked awesome - it actually is going to look like granite once it becomes a complete wall. So for those of you who do not know yet -- our complete outside walls are going to be Split Faced concrete block. If you can't tell from the pictures, split faced block is jagged block (no 2 are the same). Andy our mason guy came on 8/25 to lay the first 2 rounds of block and then get the columns started. He did this so Roger could get specific measurements for the sewer, plumbing and inside walls. I love it!!!! As you can see there are a couple of low cuts - that is cut outs for our doors!

No comments: